Get Instant Quote

Gas safety certificate

What is a Gas Safety Certificate?

A Gas Safety Certificate (also known as a landlord’s gas safety record or CP12), is mandatory for all rental properties with gas fuel burning appliances. As a landlord, you are responsible for the gas safety of your tenants. You must ensure that all gas appliances are working correctly and safely.

A Gas Safety Certificate is valid for a year from the date it is issued. Our highly experienced nationwide team can carry out all the necessary checks and provide you with this certificate. Below is a list of what needs to be carried out to provide the certificate. Once the specialist has confirmed all appliances are safe and working correctly, then the certificate will be issued.

  • The gas appliances must be on the right setting with the correct operating pressure
  • Harmful gases are removed from the appliance safely to the air outside
  • Any ventilation routes are clear and working correctly
  • Safety appliances are operating
Do I need a Gas Safety Certificate?

This is a legal requirement and therefore vital if you have your property rented out or have plans to. You are legally required to have a valid certificate which confirms all of the appliances in the property are safe to use and fit for purpose.

Failure to comply with these regulations could result in legal penalties. For more information and advice, please ‘Contact Us‘ and a member of the team can guide you through the legalities and our process.

How do we carry out our Inspections?

The inspection will be carried out by one of our Gas Safe Registered Engineers and can be done within just one visit. It is important that you declare exactly how many appliances you need checking, which is any appliance that burns gas within the household. We have a highly knowledgeable and friendly team that can offer advice and answer any questions you may have.